Wednesday, March 13, 2013

FOLK Magazine 2013 Journal Challenge#Sharing My Story

This week's Community Journal Challenge From Folk Magazine asks:

Reflect on the meaning of time. What do you spend your time doing? Is there something you wish you had more time to do?

     Time, has been on my mind a lot lately. I turned 55 in January....it makes one pause for reflection.
My husband (the pilot in command) has always laughed at my frequent, audible wishing that I could clone myself and experience a number of things in life at the same time. I never feel like I have enough time for anything! There's a me that wants to live in Ireland for at least a year. There's a me that wants to buy and restore old houses....real estate is a hobby of mine you might say. Dreaming about lovely arched hallways and crusty pantry doors as I drive by an old farmhouse. Time spent on the front porch with fresh squeezed lemonade....unique rocking chairs in a bright cheery red.....but I digress.









    







This year more than any I am giving more thought to how I spend my time...because the bottom line is...there just isn't enough of it to do what I would like to do. So....time to give thought to priorities. What has become most important in my life. What can I live without or can I choose not to do, so as to be able to DO
the many other things that catch my fancy. How can I best use my time. An age old question that, if I may so myself, becomes more important with age.
     Time to realize that I probably won't be able to do everything...getting older makes you a bit more realistic...not much...but a bit.
     What's on the list for 2013?  Learning how to needle felt, better personal care and exercise, participating in a new antique show or antiques related experience....maybe a buying trip to somewhere new.
     Also, taking the time to learn to listen and watch better. Could be the hardest thing to spend my valuable time doing...but clearly so important. Care to join me on the porch for a thinking session and some lemonade? Time well spent.











































No comments:

Post a Comment